Heritage & Family History

RECORDS

Baptism and marriage records dating from 26th June 1977 are held at the church office.

Church archives from prior to this date are stored in two locations:

The History Room

LINC Tasmania, Hobart.

Enquiries: (03) 6233 7488

http://www.linc.tas.gov.au/findus/southern/statewide/historyroom

The History Centrehistory 2

Queen Victoria Museum & Art Gallery, Launceston

Enquiries: (03) 6323 3726

http://www.qvmag.tas.gov.au/qvmag/?c=100

HISTORIC DODD PIPE ORGAN

Comprehensive details about the historic Dodd pipe organ are available from the website of the Organ Historical Trust of Australia: http://www.ohta.org.au/organs/organs/LauncestonPilgrimUC.html

HISTORY, ARCHITECTURE, STAINED GLASS

Pilgrim History for Web : A brief account of the three churches which combined in 1977 with an emphasis on architecture and design.

Engraved in Memory is a useful book written by Jenny Gill in 1988 which offers an alphabetical listing of the named memorials in Launceston churches that were established pre-1920. Includes details of the lives of each person listed and a summary of each church. Thirty six entries relate to Pilgrim. ISBN: 0 7316 2439 4

http://www.tasfamily.net.au/bookshop/books.php?showcat=Cemeteries/Memorials